2023-2024 School Year
Four year olds are preparing to be “big kids”! Elementary school is right around the corner!
The learning goals for children participating in our K4 program are as follows…
- Recognize capital and lowercase letters and their sounds
- Calendar skills: days of the week, months, holidays, etc.
- Count and represent numbers 1-10
- Identify and describe shapes, create and extend patterns
- Comparing and sorting
- Appropriate participation in class activities (being a good listener, being respectful, following rules)
- Continue to gain independence: opening lunch items, using the toilet, dressing self
- Fine motor skills: correct pencil grip, coloring, scissor skills
- Participating appropriately in unstructured play